Saturday, September 14, 2013

Because...Life is Beautiful!

Ok, so I was trying to think of a title for this continuum and The Afters sang to me "Life is beautiful!" I just bought the song on iTunes, along with a few others that I loved from The October Baby soundtrack. After Compline, a few of us watched the movie...what a beautiful witness to LIFE! Basically, if you haven't seen it...please do!
Anyway, there were a few additional noteworthy aspects of my second/third weeks of good ol' school. For example, I had my first ever night class this past Monday. I was expecting a dreadful experience (because I also had my first ever 2-hour Biology Lab in the afternoon)...it turned out to be all right! Dr. MG was very hospitable when he asked if we would like him to make some coffee :) Plus, the course is about the Second Vatican Council, so I'm pretty much interested in anything we're learning about.
Thursday consisted of my change of major/minor and an amazing talk by the vocation director of the diocese...
In the morning, I met with the Education advisor and filled out the paper work to drop my Catholic Studies Major to a Minor and add Early Childhood Education to my Elementary Education Major. Alas, I am currently a double-major in Elementary Ed and Early Childhood Ed with a minor in Catholic Studies.
I was going to summarize Fr. Vocation Director's amazing talk...but then I remembered how great I am at butchering the words of the wise. You'll just have to take my word for it!
Last night, we had a "Barefoot and Blue Jeans Moonlight [swing]Dance" on the lawn on campus. I had a great time due to the fact that I danced with a guy who makes my heart pitter-patter. And if it weren't so late, I'd so go into details. For another time, I suppose ;)
On that happy note, I leave you with these tidbits of updates from my first few weeks. I promise you can expect a more thoughtful post within this next week.
Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment