Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Little bit of Weeks TWO&THREE

My Dear Friends,
As you can imagine, the first weeks of school have been, at times, overwhelming. And I will have to spare you the elaborate details due to lack of recollection.
Every day I'm learning (some days more than others...) And here is a little bit I've learned about Spiritual Direction:
I came to Fr. Bernard with the predicament of a life-time. Basically, I asked him to spiritually direct me on the subject of spiritual direction. After some thought and prayer, I was beginning to wonder if I depending too much on spiritual direction. Whenever I would be in a spiritual rut, my first thought was: "I need to talk to Father about that!" I thought this was a problem because it's like having problems with a coworker and talking to somebody else about it instead of going directly to the source...I have the desire to talk to a spiritual director about something and forget about talking to the Lord.
At first, Father didn't really know what to say. As we discussed it further, he explained spiritual direction perfectly: When we have small challenges, we know what our director would say, and we are to "just do it." It's when we are in need of something deeper that we come to seek direction. Of course, I can never do Father Bernard justice...but his practical words gave me peace in knowing that, when the time comes, I do know what to do. :)
This past Sunday, the 8th, was one of the best days I've had at the University of Real World. My best friend and I threw a "holy Birthday party" for Mother Mary, since it was the Feast of Her Birth. We decorated my dorm room and made a shrine for Our Lady...because the shrine was my favorite:

You see, Z has a special love for Mother Theresa, and I am in love with Fulton Sheen (an amazing post awaiting arrival...). We both love Mary and took this opportunity to celebrate our favorite saints.It was a beautiful day and some girls on my hall even joined us in singing "Happy Birthday" and eating cupcakes. Simply amazing.

I'll end here, but I'm hoping to catch up again this weekend...I have yet to share about my first night class, Fr. VocationDirector's powerful talk, my major/minor changes, my emotional roller-coaster, Fr. Mike Schmitz's podcasts and an informational about my main man, Fulton Sheen. I hope that list isn't too ambitious...


No comments:

Post a Comment