Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Chapter 7; The Third Question

Making my way through Rediscover Jesus, chapter 7 was one of the first to make me pause and think.
Backstory:
I'm working with two of my good friends to lead a young women's retreat for a mutual friend of ours. The outline of the talks are as follows:
Who am I?
 - Our identity as Daughters of God -
What does it mean to be a Woman?
- How our identity effects our womanhood -
What does it look like?
- Mary as our model for the dignity we have as Women of God -
"What am I gunna do about it?" ~ Lo
- How to live as a Woman of God -
 
The captions are my own interpretations of what the talks will be about; we will be going over our outlines next week to see what we've come up with. The three of us are giving a short testimony for the first talk and my main talk will be: What does it mean to be a woman?
This was on the forefront of my mind this morning as I sat down to pray with Matt*. Mo encouraged us all to pray about how God has shown us our identity as His daughter. It was very fitting that today's chapter was about "The Third Question". Jesus asked his disciples: "Who do people say that I am?" and "Who do you say that I am?". Matt offers the third question of: "Who does Jesus say that you are?"
 
-He says I am a child of God.
-He says that I am infinitely valuable.
-He says that I am free.
 
"Our identity is inextricably tied to Jesus (45)."
 
This all gives me more to chew on... If Jesus is the core of my identity as a child of God, what does He specifically teach me about my identity as a daughter of God?
 

We'll keep walking along this Journey with Matt together, as I have more to share with you from his writings!
 


Lord, help us to see Your workings in our day today.
 
 
 
*"Matt" here refers to author Mathew Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment