Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Chapter 1; New Beginnings

My plans...foiled...yet again.
First, I had opened Rediscovering Jesus with the intent on reading right through it. After all, I thought This will be an easy read; it's about Jesus! Low and behold, Matt says - only 5 pages in - "There are two ways to experience this book. The first is like with any other book: Read it from cover to cover. The other way is to use this book as a guide to a forty-day spiritual journey, reading a chapter a day. This second way is a perfect way to begin (or nourish) a habit of daily prayer. (17)"

Well. There goes that plan. This will be quite the unexpectedly-extended journey!

In other news, it is a perfect time to read this book. The chapters are short, sweet, and to-the-point. Chapter 1 sets the stage for the meeting of the Main Character. Matt writes how he loves Mondays because they bring us a new beginning every week. I read chapter 1 on a Monday, so it was very fitting. But all day I was bogged down with this distaste for all things "new beginning".

*A whole week later and I still have yet to finish this post.*

I'm trying to work out of my head that this is "just another one of those books for amateurs".
 
re·dis·cov·er
ˌrēdəˈskəvər/
verb
1.     discover (something forgotten or ignored) again.

I need to rediscover Jesus, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment