Friday, August 23, 2013

"Wrap Up That Packing, Girl!"

Friday morning and I still have tubs waiting to be filled. At the beginning of the week, my parents were telling me that I had to set an immediate goal if I wanted to get my packing done "by the end of the day." Of course, their prophesy about me procrastinating until the last minute came true. Move-in is on Monday, so I still have a little time...But I really want to be done packing this morning.
Something is telling me that I should turn off my computer...so I told that little voice in my head: "Be quite! I'm trying to write a post here, and don't you see that extra tab up there? I have to get my daily blog-reading in!"
Ha.
...
And of course, just as I finished typing, Jimmy Needham sang to me:
"If I ever needed grace, it's now...You are strong when I am weak somehow..."
Thanks, God. I get the point.

So what my soul is trying to tell me: "Liz. Remember how you wanted to practice death to self? Sacrifice? Well, here's your chance! You can read the blog later. You know it's really not that hard to click the little 'X'. You're almost done packing... Let's go, GET MOVING!"

That could have been a little nudge from my Guardian Angel, too. He's in cahoots with my soul, you know.
:) It's great being Catholic for multiple reasons-one, I can say things like that.

I could probably go on and on about something else, but I really should go!

1 comment:

  1. "He's in cahoots with my soul, you know" AH! I love it!! :D

    ReplyDelete