Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hope to be a Light of Hope on St. Monica Hall

With the words: "I'm writing to ask if you could send out an email introducing all Monica Hall* members to each other? I think this would be a great way to break the ice and make a start at forming foundation for community!"... I'm hoping to help create a better community striving for "faith, character, and holiness."**
Currently, I'm not a fan of making step-by-step goals to achieving something as abstract as the above. So I would like to state, for my own records***, that I am going to approach my placement on this floor as something God-given. Thus, I am aware that Fr. Bernard**** would suggest that I come to school knowing that there are priorities, such as:

1. Spiritual Life (prayer, Mass, etc.)

2. School Work
3. St. Monica Hall
4. Club/Organization Commitments
5. Anything that falls after that.

And so, as long as I am aware of the balance that needs to be found within all of these priorities, and with God's grace, I should be able to discern what God is offering to me through these opportunities of service.



* St. Monica Hall is the name of the ________ Women's Floor I will be living on this year. "________" because I am currently confused as to whether or not it is a Catholic, Christian, or "growing-in-faith-character-and-holiness" floor.


** Following the previous statement, I am slightly in love with a particular Catholic Women's Floor at an expensive college I am currently attending in my dream world. Because Monica Hall doesn't live up to University of Dream World's Solidly-Catholic Women's Floor, I have found the floor to be lacking. On the other hand, I am still trying to figure out if the problem can be found within my head. 


*** 'For my own records,' simply because I think the purpose of this blog is to hold myself accountable to the perceived public.


**** Fr. Bernard is the spiritually intense and equally amazing chaplain at the University of Real World.




[side-note: I would only create extravagant fake names for people/places/things-with-real-names if I thought they were important enough to put into a blog on the world wide web]


No comments:

Post a Comment