Friday, July 21, 2017

A Summer of the Smalls

This summer has been a whirlwind of little things.

Coffee and Perkins with friends.
Fishing.
Camping.
Sheephead.*
Biking. Lots of biking.
Applications, resume's, interviews, accepting a job!
Dancing.
Painting Nails.
Crazy cousins.
Inspecting sump pumps for the City.
Celebrating the Holy Sacrament of Marriage.
Fellowship with friends.
Unpacking, re-packing, shifting, loading and unloading.
Young adult group-ing.
Driving. Everywere...in the Midwest anyway.

And I've kept myself the Lord keeps me sane, in the way that only He knows how. But what has helped is this wonderful life planner. For Catholic women out there, it has everything you want in a planner, and more! I'm not a mother, so about 20% of the tools that Nancy has included are not useful to me, but that other 80% sure helps! I keep a planner because it helps me to remember the things that I often forget. And if you talk to my friends or family, they could testify that I tend to forget a lot.

Now that I've put that little plug in, I wanted to share with you some of what I call "the Smalls". Smalls are the little phrases or quotes that have stuck out to me throughout these past months. Lately as I come across something that resonates with my heart, I write it down somewhere and stick it in my planner. Here are the Smalls of my summer:
-- any emphasis made are my own :) --
-- I'll accurately quote the original author where it applies, and if I can remember ;) --

I'd take being single for the rest of my life KNOWING that I can depend on the One true God to love me to the fullest. - from a post on theyoungcatholicwoman.com (follow link to the article...it's a good'un!)

"A thousand years of enjoying human glory is not worth even an hour spent sweetly communing with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament" - St. Padre Pio

PETER SAID, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I FORGIVE him? as many as seven times? JESUS SAID TO HIM, I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven. - Matthew 18: 21 & 22

...in the streets & the crossings I will seek Him whom my heat loves. - Song of Songs: 3:2

Do whatever He tells you. - John 2:5

I am the living bread which came down from Heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. - John 6:51

"If you know your enemy & you know yourself, you need not fear the results of 100 battles [because you know how he works; how & when the Devil attacks]. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gain there will be defeat. If you know neither the enemy or yourself, you will succumb at every battle." - Fr. Mike Schmitz

Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do; or Do without. - from one of my new fave websites, theartofsimple.net (follow link to the article...and then go to the "start here" tab at the top!)


Thanks for reading! Maybe you'll start writing down some Smalls, too!

Thank you Jesus, for the Bigs and the Smalls!



*Sheephead is a marvelously complicated card game that reigns in my German family. I have the privilege of joining my parents on their Friday Night Appointment at Grandma and Grandpa's every other week or so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment