Monday, May 5, 2014

The Man in the Blue Gloves (i.e. my dad)

On "Sunday Funday-Sleepday," a name I created in defense of my dad's holler into my bedroom a beautiful Sunday morning, I spent the majority of my day with my father. We went to deliver Mother's Day flowers to my Grandma (don't worry, you're not late for Mother's Day, my mom just didn't want to kill the flowers before we delivered them!), ran some errands, had a lesson on changing oil on my car, and watched Heaven is for Real in the theatres.

Now about that oil change:

My dad is an excellent teacher when it comes to all things mechanical. I was tempted at the beginning, though, to politely ask him to speak in layman's terms. Eventually I got a hang of his oil-changing lingo. I think we have a filter, a dipstick, a nobby (I made that up myself ;) ), the engine, the oil pan, etc....

And I can't say I would be able to do it all by myself again, but it's good to add the instruction to my list of "things I've learned."

When I came into the house, Mom told me I can cross that off my bucket list...So I will proceed to put it on my bucket list, and then cross it off.

Horrah!


No comments:

Post a Comment