Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Horarium On the Home Front...


5:55 am...Wake up (or sleep a little longer, as was the case today)
6:00 am... Drink coffee
7:00 am... Daily Mass
10:30 am... Start the daily grind as Sump Pump Inspector & Office Aide
3:00 pm... Take a half-hour break, eat lunch
7:00 pm... Leave the daily grind, come home to hungry parents waiting my arrival
10:00 pm... Skype Night Prayer with the besties
11:30 pm... Sleep

It's a mostly busy day. But I wouldn't trade it for anything else - the time in between makes it all worth it. I've come to develop a personal philosophy (which I'm sure is not so personal as much as it is common): The more I give my time away, the more valuable the time left to myself. Though, if ever I start to grasp onto that time that is left for myself, I lose sight of the reason I gave my time away in the first place. I become bitter and oh, so -b l a h-. 
Sure, it's good to soak in the "me" time. It's great, really, to actually find joy in the freedom of my summer vacation. 
But what I do with my free time will make or break my confined time. 

And this is what I've come to learn over the last 2 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment