Monday, March 9, 2015

The Plan

There's this thing called "reflection frostbite" - it's when your life is packed with amazing events and you feel overwhelmed about all of the ways you want to reflect (such as writing in a journal, updating a blog post, messaging/emailing friends and family)...so overwhelmed that you end up doing nothing at all. So you're in this frozen state, wondering what to do with your life, all the while thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.

This is my dilemma. And I don't think that "reflection frostbite" is really a word, because I made it up. But I think it should be a term in our regular vocabulary because it's definitely a reality! I haven't caught up my personal journal for about two weeks now, and my last blog post is leaving the interwebs up in the with loose ends (Week Four Part One, anybody?? There's got to be somebody asking, "What happened to Part Two?!"). So I've made a decision. I'm going to try my best to post when I can, but it won't be the kind of updates that I wish they could have been.

I had this burst of inspiration to write during our stay in the youth hostel in Lisbon, Portugal. We're at the close of our first three days of Spring Break. I'm with two other amazing women, and we just came from Fatima, where the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to three shepherd children in 1917. While my first stay in Assisi made the top of my "favorite places" list, Fatima has definitely been the most meaningful. While we were walking around, I remembered how my Great Grandma Hauser had a strong devotion to Our Lady of Fatima. In that instant, I felt her joy radiating from Heaven. I knew that she was looking down on us and smiling, because I'm sure she would have wanted to be there with me. 

It's the little things that make all the difference.

May Our Lady of Fatima show you the way to true joy!

"My God: I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love You. I beg Your pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not love You."

No comments:

Post a Comment